Welcome to CSMP
We are the travel and accommodation experts you can rely on.
So you’re going to the Hills District of Sydney. You’ve chosen this location and now you need to pick a hotel. 10 years ago, you ‘d have probably visited your local travel agent and trusted the face-to-face advice you were offered by the so-called ‘experts’. The 21st Century way to choose and book your hotel is of course on the Internet, by using travel sites.
But how do you sort through the fantastic options on offer? And more notably, do you actually rely on the photographs and descriptions of the hotels that they have awarded themselves with the inspiration of getting bookings?
Traveler reviews can be handy, but you need to exercise caution. They are often biased, sometimes out of date, and might not serve your interests at all. How do you understand that the functions that are very important to the reviewer are very important to you? Then there’s the problem of the reviewer’s inspiration. The more reviews you check out, the more you notice how they tend to cluster at the extremes of viewpoint. On one end, you have angry customers with axes to grind; at the other, you have delighted guests who lavish praise beyond belief.
You’ll not be amazed to discover that hotels sometimes publish their own glowing reviews or that competitor’s line up for the chance to lambaste the competitors with bad reviews. It makes sense to consider what is actually crucial to you when selecting a hotel. You should then pick an online hotel directory site that gives updated, independent, unbiased information that really matters.
Here are some of the key realities you should keep in mind:
1. Location: if it matters that your hotel is, for example, near the amusement park, or convenient for the airport, then location is paramount. Any decent directory site should offer a location map of the hotel and its surroundings. There should be distance charts to the airport offered along with some type of an interactive map.
2. Style: it is important to pick a hotel that makes you feel comfy – contemporary or traditional furnishings, local design or international, official or relaxed. The ideal hotel directory site should let you understand of the choices readily available.
3. Restaurants, Coffee Shops, and Bars: local color is terrific but the hotel’s own restaurants and bars can play an important part in your stay. You should be aware of choice, style and whether they are wise or informal. A good hotel report should tell you this, and particularly about breakfast facilities.
4. Bedroom Facilities: you should constantly carefully consider the kind of facilities you need from your bedroom and find a hotel that has those you consider crucial. The hotel directory site should elaborate on matters such as bed size, Internet Access (its cost, whether there is WIFI or wired broadband connection), Complimentary amenities, views from the room and high-end offerings like a Pillow menu or Bath menu, choice of smoking or non-smoking spaces, etc
. These things actually do matter and any decent hotel directory site should provide you this sort of advice on bed rooms – not just the number of spaces which is the typical choice!
5. Children’s’ Facilities: more crucial to the household traveler than the business traveler. You should discover just how child-friendly the hotel is from the directory site and make your decision from there. One thing worth searching for is whether the hotel offers a babysitter service. For the business traveler wanting to escape children, this is of course really pertinent too – maybe a hotel that is not child-friendly would be something more appropriate!
6. Leisure Facilities: the site should offer a comprehensive analysis of leisure services within the hotel – spa, swimming pool, fitness center, sauna – along with details of any other facilities close by such as golf courses.
7. Special Needs: the hotel directory site should advise the visitor of each hotel’s special needs services and accessibility policy. Whilst once again this does not apply to every visitor, it is definitely crucial to some.
Finally and most importantly, the quality hotel directory site inspection team should have gone to the hotel in question regularly, met the personnel, slept in a bedroom and tasted the food. They should experience the hotel as only a hotel visitor can and it is only then that they are actually in a strong position to write about the hotel.
with the above info, there is no reason why you should not find the very best hotel in the Hills District of Sydney. Best of luck!